- Lyft, the fastest growing ridesharing company in the US, and Trafi, the mobility tech platform, today announced a multi-modal mobility partnership.
- Trafi technology and transit data will be integrated to further enhance the Lyft ridesharing experience.
- Starting in Santa Monica, Lyft passengers will see local transit options provided in-app, allowing passengers to choose the most affordable and flexible trip that works for them.
- Trafi and Lyft will expand similar functionality to additional cities in the near future.
San Francisco and London – September 19, 2018
– Lyft, the fastest growing ridesharing company in the US, and Trafi, the mobility tech platform, today announced a multi-modal mobility partnership highlighting Trafi’s transit information management platform within the Lyft app.
Lyft is continuously investing to expand mobility options to deliver against its mission of improving people’s lives through the world’s best transportation. By partnering with Trafi, Lyft is able to provide passengers with information about transit options, further pursuing its vision of building cities around people instead of cars.
Starting in Santa Monica, Lyft passengers will see local transit options provided in-app, allowing passengers to choose the most affordable and flexible trip that works for them. Trafi and Lyft plan to expand similar functionality and new offerings to additional cities in the near future.
“We’re committed to providing more options for people to get around without owning a car by providing information about transit nearby in our community,” said Lilly Shoup, Senior Director of Transportation Policy at Lyft. “With the help of Trafi’s technology, we are able to seamlessly provide our passengers with public transit options right in the Lyft app.”
“Trafi is striving towards making mobility services the first choice worldwide. Mass mobility solutions are no longer part of the future, but becoming reality today. Our technology enables vehicle manufacturers, transportation companies and cities to develop or enhance their mobility offerings. Therefore, we are proud to collaborate with Lyft, joining forces to make our cities more sustainable and run with smarter transport,” said Martynas Gudonavičius, CEO and Co-Founder of Trafi. About Lyft
Lyft was founded in June 2012 by Logan Green and John Zimmer to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. Lyft is the fastest growing rideshare company in the U.S. and is available to 95 percent of the US population as well as in Ontario, Canada. Lyft is preferred by drivers and passengers for its reliable and friendly experience, and its commitment to effecting positive change for the future of our cities, as the first rideshare company to offset carbon emissions from all rides globally.
Trafi is a technology platform striving to make mobility services the first choice worldwide. The unique platform is powered by technology combining patented multimodal routing algorithms, public transport, ride hailing and vehicle sharing management systems, personalization options and payment modules. Trafi was founded in 2007 and serves mobility companies and cities alike, including Lyft, Google, Škoda, City of Rio de Janeiro and City of Jakarta amongst others, paving the way for smarter transportation.Lyft Press Contact